Make the Most of Every Moment of Sunlight with the New Maxeon Home Solar Power System
Your life is busy. And let’s face it - shopping for the best solar technology can feel complicated. So, we designed a home solar power system that acts the way you do: It makes the most of every moment…of sunlight.
The SunPower Maxeon 5 AC Module home solar power system allows each panel to maximise its potential by operating independently. This is different from conventional home solar systems, the result gives you more energy, higher reliability and results you can see on your phone – all backed by category leading warranty coverage.
What is the Maxeon 5 AC Module Home Solar Power System?
The term “AC Module” sound complicated – you can think of it as technology that makes the most of every moment of sunlight. It consists of 3 main parts:
- The SunPower Maxeon 5 solar panel, the most powerful in home solar.
- An Enphase IQ7A microinverter, tuned specifically to Maxeon 5 specs, that allows each solar panel to operate independently.
- The Enphase Enlighten app, allowing you to see and share your home solar system’s performance.
The SunPower Maxeon 5 AC Module Home Solar System
We believe this combination is the most advanced home solar power technology because of three key benefits:
1. Simply Powerful
At up to 415 Watts, the SunPower Maxeon 5 is simply the most powerful panel for a home solar system1 Based on datasheet review of websites of top 20 66-cell format manufacturers per IHS, as of June, 2020. . That means you’ll need less roof space to build your system – and you’ll have room to expand if you add an electric vehicle or newly electrified appliances.
Our advantage is even greater if you are trying to maximise your energy in limited roof space. The integrated SunPower Maxeon 5 AC Module home solar power system generates up to 50% more energy than conventional solar over 25 years from the same space2 Source: PVsyst simulation. Assumptions: Amsterdam residential roof at 30 deg tilt with portrait installation. Average system size is 6.0 kWp SunPower Maxeon ACM module: Max5 AC 415W (Enphase IQ7A-72-x-INT). Conventional modules Mono PERC 310W (0,55% annual degradation rate) + leading string inverter. .
A microinverter is a small electronic device that sits beneath each solar panel. It’s main task is to convert direct current (DC) electricity from your solar panels into alternating current (AC) electricity that you can use in your home or export to the grid.
2. Reliably Powerful
Our AC module home solar system is more reliable than conventional solar system architectures. For example, conventional systems with string inverters have a single point of failure: If that inverter fails, the whole solar system shuts down. In contrast, our AC module system increases system reliability by placing one highly reliable microinverter under each solar panel.
Additionally, because each panel operates independently, even partial shade will have a limited impact on your savings. Most solar systems are only as reliable as their weakest link. Should even one panel stop working, or be partially shaded, every panel is reduced to that level.
Lastly, our AC Module home power solar system is more reliable because its enhanced safety leads to more uptime. The microinverter immediately converts high-voltage DC electricity into low-voltage AC on your roof. Also, our solar panel and microinverter are combined at the factory, not at your home. That eliminates extra wiring steps and the chance for electrical issues.
Each Maxeon 5 AC module contains core technology that is extensively tested and backed by a category-leading warranty.
- #1 durability3 Jordan, et. al. Robust PV Degradation Methodology and Application, PVSC 2018.
- .005% panel return rate4 A Comparative Study: SunPower DC Solar Module Warranty Claim Rate vs. Conventional Panels." SunPower Corporation. 2019.
- 3.5 billion solar cells and 35 million solar panels shipped
- 40 years of product, power and service warranty coverage6 SunPower Maxeon solar panels are backed by a 40-year warranty. Subject to terms and conditions. Not available in all countries. 40-year warranty requires registration, otherwise our 25-year warranty applies. Service availability varies by country and installation provider.
- Tested for 1 million hours
- 0.05% microinverter return rate
- No moving parts or fans
- 28 million microinverters shipped
- Category-leading inverter warranty
3. Visibly Powerful
Best of all, you’ll be able to confidently see how your home solar system performs -- anytime, anywhere -- with the monitoring app that shows panel-level monitoring in real time, and allows your system to always remain current with the latest utility rates and system improvements.
We’re excited to bring you the most advanced home solar power system in the world, and see this as another way we hope to give you the power to make a positive impact on the world, and to fulfill our company purpose of Powering Positive Change™.